**NEWS FLASH** All Tequila Is Gluten Free?


I'm here to break down one of the major myths of the tequila industry: GLUTEN FREE. Before I dive into this, I should note I am in no way a health guru, doctor or anything close to a medical expert. I do social media and marketing for Elevaso (which in my opinion is just as hard as being a doctor😆). Consider this blog more insight than advice.

Here's what I do know: I've been to Mexico multiple times. I've seen the entire tequila making process first hand. I've visited numerous distilleries all across Jalisco, Mexico. **NEWS FLASH** All Tequila is Gluten Free... As long as it's made traditionally. Let me explain.

Yesterday I was scrolling through Instagram and a Don Julio Blanco advertisement popped up. It was a picture of a bottle then in white bold letters across the top it read "Gluten Free". At the Elevaso office we are all highly anticipating The Rock's new tequila "Teremana" (The TEQuriousness is real for this one). He posted a picture of the bottle and sure enough the label read "Gluten Free".

I could name at least 5 more brands that have emphasized "Gluten Free" on their label or in their marketing. This is a very "American" tequila brand thing to do because in Mexico, you won't find Gluten Free on any bottle of tequila. This leads me to assume that many brands use Gluten Free as a buzzword to give themselves an edge with consumers in the American market.

Here's the facts: If tequila is made in a traditional way entirely from the BLUE WEBER AGAVE plant, then it's Gluten Free. The best way to identify if a tequila is made from 100% Blue Weber Agave? Look at the label:


Our label reads "100% AGAVE AZUL". Other labels will read "100% De Agave", "100% Puro De Agave", or "100% Puro De Agave Azul". If the label says its 100% Blue Weber Agave then it's 100% GLUTEN FREE! To give you a perspective of how many tequilas are 100% Blue Weber Agave... I just looked at every label of the 100+ tequilas in our Elevaso office and they ALL in some form state 100% Blue Weber Agave on the label. Legit tequila brands will not hide this from you!

Fun Fact: Elevaso wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for all quality tequila being Gluten Free... Ross, the boss man, is highly allergic to gluten and his allergy is what turned him to drinking tequila. So thank you for your allergy Ross and thank you to the Blue Weber Agave Plant... It's why I have a job today :)


P.S. Here's a picture of my business partner in crime with a giant Blue Weber Agave Piña on his shoulder... The good ones are HUGE lol, I still don't know how he did this:


🤙🏽🤙🏽Vince


Raise Your Glass / Live TEQurious!
Elevaso Tequila - Nacido en Mexico / Raised In SoCal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Blindfolded Ross To Test His Tequila Skills

When The Wife Asks For Tequila You Better Deliver!

The Phoenix Open Hoarders